From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:11:10 -0500
I don't work in a hospital and have never been a clinician,
but I'll bet that yours is not the only department experiencing
the frustrations of management that doesn't get it.
Can you talk with others in other departments, commiserate and
strategize together to bring about change?
When the professionals are burned out, overworked and overwhelmed
patients don't get good care. Your hospital is trying to provide
good care, they just need some guidance in management. Perhaps
you and overworked hcps in other departments can work with the
administration to meet budgets, expand budgets and provide good
patient care.
  Naomi Bar-Yam