From:
"Linda J. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:31:00 -0500
My two sons, now 24 and 29 years old, both played with dolls, trucks, and
many other toys. No bottles or toy guns were allowed in our house. They
didn't "create" them out of other objects either - at least not in my
presence.

One day while riding in car, the older boy (about 4 yrs old at the time)
fought with his younger sister (about 2 years old) over a doll, claiming "my
milk is better than yours" while he snatched it away from her. I laughed so
hard I had to stop the car.

Here's the irony: as a child, I never played with dolls. I loved sports,
books, and more sports. Never did figure out how to play with dolls, even
now when my granddaughter wants me to play "Barbie" with her.

My sister played with a huge collection of dolls, and now she's over 50,
still single, with no children. Go figure.

Linda J. Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC
Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre
Dayton, OH USA
http://www.bflrc.com