From:
Lorri Centineo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:41:35 -0500
I think that the kids still watch who does the feeding and may still realize
that grandma, obviously a woman, more often feeds the bottle, women a the
mall feed bottles to their babies, etc.  My son hands his stuffed animals
over to me to nurse if there isn't a mommy AND a baby of the same.  My
brother used to hand the toys needing feeding to me or our mother. I recall
refusing to "nurse" a particularly large plastic alligator ;o) Perhaps both
daughters and sons are picking up that infant feeding is an activity
primarily awarded the female gender, though I've sen lots of little boys
(mostly under two years)also "nurse" their toys.

Lorri Centineo

Portland, Maine