Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 15:35:35 EDT
Cathy noted...

<< My women friends and I just had exactly such a slumber party!  >>

Well, I have to confess that this summer I went to the Outer Banks for the
first time in my life -- Bob, Torrey & Tim came along, we met up with Linda &
Will Kutner and their Andy & Adam (and any of you who have heard Linda speak
know Andy & Adam well!!), and then went to Carole & Bob Peterson's house in
Avon, just north of Hattaras (there with their daughter Maren).  (I haven't
heard how they did with Floyd -- there was some damage with Dennis...).  Many
of you know both Linda & Carole -- Carole was the fomer conference planner
for ILCA.  In any case, it was a wonderful wonderful time -- lots of vegging
out, reading trashy novels, crabbing, on the beach, sheer relaxing, and
enjoying the ensuing romance between my daughter and Linda's son.  The minute
we arrived the young adults all announced that there was to be NO talk
whatsover about breasts, nipples, areolas, breastmilk, or anything "like
that."  It was to be banned from conversation for the week.

And it (mostly) was.  It, like Cathy's weekend, was a time of refreshment and
renewal.  We just enjoyed being together without having to think about
anything beyond "what's for dinner" and "who's got the SPF 30?"  I think what
made it really special was being with people with whom there is a tremendous
connectedness -- in our parenting, in our work-a-day world, and in the issues
we believe in.  We didn't even have to talk about them...

It kept me buoyed up for at least a week....

Jan