From:
Robin Frees <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 20:52:13 -0500
Hello Everyone,
I got news from the Mom and thought I'd share it in case some of you out
there are formulating a response to my earlier post. Baby#1 had 3 stools
today. This is the first time she has ever had more than 1 per week!
Unfortunately, Baby #2's blood work came back and she is anemic and has low
calcium and Vit. D. Dr. wants her to have two bottles of special premie
formula and oral vitamins with iron .Since #2 is the weaker nurser and
sometimes isn't finishing a feed ,we thought Mom could use a cup to finish
weak feeds with the formula instead of replacing an entire nursing with
formula. I also suggested the Mom might try pumping after a weak feed to keep
supply up( if she can find the time) We are still trying to get #2 to open
her mouth wider too. Well that's it for now. I welcome any input.
Robin B. Frees, BA, IBCLC Malvern, PA