From:
Melinda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:53:03 -0700
We have a wonderful breastfeeding policy where I work that allows mom to
bring baby back to work for the first 4-6 months;  there have been issues
recently that have come up that require me to defend the policy, and likely
re-write the policy to clarify it - one issue is a soon-to-be dad who is
insisting he be allowed to bring baby with mom's pumped milk to work;
another issue is a mom who could not get baby latched on and so would like
to pump and bottle feed baby at work.  The people on this listserv always
manage to word things so brilliantly, so please help me word the response to
why dad's can't bring their babies under this policy, and why it must be
breast only.  Thank you!

Melinda Johnson, MS RD
Phoenix, AZ