From:
JeannIBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 10:39:24 EST
Jane,
Your post brought tears to my eyes.  It reflects so clearly to me that our
culture has somehow lost the art of nurture.  That appearances are more
important than relationships.  That schedules are more important than needs.
That we've taken averages and made it into rules.  That rules are binding.
I'm so very sorry.

Now I begin to understand the appeal of parenting curricula.  People want
structure when they want to be sure they are doing the "right thing".  People
don't trust themselves to know how to be a good parent.  We have no attachment
parenting classes.

This is why we need to continue to promote La Leche League group attendance.
Where else will mothers see attachment parenting modeled?

Excuse me, I have to take a deep breath now.
Jeanne Mitchell
Austin, TX