From:
Pam Lacey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 16:44:40 +0000
I would like to suggest (I know - it's controversal!), but as well as the
obvious - massage, hot and cold, frequent feeds and some light expressing
etc. to add a 'good' expressing of both sides to *almost* empty and start
again from there.  I was told (I had extreme engorgement)to only express
enough to *feel* comfortable etc. which I did, but it wasn't comfortable for
long and was despariing, in the end I hand expressed and hand pump expressed
loads, all in one sitting till not only were they *comfortable* but down
right relieved and feeling almost empty - I stuck this in the freezer for
much later, then continued with frequent feeds and some massage, and I never
got that awfull feeling again (until the next was born!).  I would certainly
go for a one off good *clearout* and start the usual regime from there - as
least the mum will feel much better.

Pam