From:
Karen Querna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:57:49 -0700
"She's pg again and would
like to bf, but was told by her doctor that she can't breastfeed as the milk
will profusely flow out the pierced holes."

I am just wondering did the Doc. tell the mom she could not bottle feed
also ---- since the flow is so fast????

I recently had a mom of a sleepy small baby - who claimed she was unable to
get the rings out, so we asked her to call the place where she had them put
in, perhaps they could give her ideas on how to get them out. She said she
forgot where it was done. :) I suggested that she could pump until we
figured out how to get them out. Well she went into the bathroom and after
about 20 min. they were gone. She went on to do lots of skin to skin and by
the next was breastfeeding awesomely. I usely suggest to mothers with nipple
ring holes is that the cool thing is they "know" they have lots of milk.
I also had a mom that had a lot of scar tissue in one nipple/areaola due to
an infection that occured with the piercing. And baby was too small to open
up its mouth and get over the area. So we just started pumping on that side
until the baby grew.
Best Regards
Karen Querna, RN, BSN, IBCLC
Spokane WA