From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:39:36 -0500
My name is Naomi Bar-Yam. Some of you know me, but
I've just returned to lactnet after a couple of
years off-line. It's good to be back.
  Over the last 2 years, my day job (the one
that pays the bills) has been in an entirely
different area than maternal child health. I have
continued to keep up on MCH and breastfeeding, but
I'm not getting paid for any of it.
Now I am interested in moving back into the breastfeeding/
MCH area professionally. If anyone has any leads, ideas,
suggestions I would be most appreciative. Please e-mail
me privately.

I will tell you just a bit about my background so you'll
know if you know of anything suitable. I have an MSW and
a PhD in social policy (my dissertation research was
on breastfeeding and the workplace.) I am also interested
in looking a breastfeeding as a social movement to see
what bf and other health related social movements can learn
from one another.  I am very willing to work with others
on their projects, help write grants, evaluate programs
etc.
I have been a childbirth educator and doula for many years
as well.
My skills and interests are in the research, writing,
teaching arena.  I live in the Boston area, and while I
am not in a position to relocate, I am very good with
e-mail, phone and fax to accomplish work long distance.

I am most grateful for any leads or ideas.
Thanks,
  Naomi Bar-Yam