Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:30:15 EDT
I just found out why my grandbaby was gassy last weekend. My daughter left
out one item in her food recall. She ate an entire quart of chocolate fudge
ripple walnut ice cream on Friday. I told her that she has to be totally truthful
with the LC in order to get help!!! She said she didn't know ice cream could
cause problems, she thought it was just cow's milk. (So what is the main
ingredient in ice cream? ).
He gained 4 lbs and 6 oz in the first 5 weeks and 3 inches in length so
apparently nursing is going well.
Her mother in law last weekend told her the baby now needs meat, in
additional to the "real milk" and "real food " she kept recommending. My daughter said
she didn't know where people come up with these ideas.  Needless to say, they
are much happier now they are back home!

Barb Whitehead, BS, IBCLC, RLC
Eastern NC