From:
"j.nicholls" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2007 17:46:59 +1200
Hi All

I would be grateful of any input please.

Working with a mother who is 21 days postpartum, recently admitted to
hospital  with mastitis .

Now home, her left breast is still tender, and I think  scar tissue has
developed between 5-7 o’clock, Her nipples are always squashed when the baby
comes off.  The baby does latch, but makes a slurping sound and slips off,
he looks like he has a deep latch, when I ask his mum its never pain free or
comfortable .she  repositions the baby  many times through the feed. But
nothing works. She does have larger breasts. I have shown her how to support
the breast with flannels. How to hold the breast to mirror the baby mouth
coming to the breast. Even with all this discomfort she is willing to try
anything.  Can anyone make any suggestions. She took the baby for an tongue
tie assessment and the baby dosen’t have one.?

Sincerely

June Nicholls

IBCLC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.