From:
Denise Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 10:03:58 -0400
I have an interesting question for all of you.  I do follow-up calls to new
mothers on day 3-5 postpartum.  We recently added a question about
medications during labor.  I have realized (and I think someone mentioned
this awhile back) that many mothers who have epidurals think they have had an
unmedicated labor.  The medications we cover are divided in groups (local,
regional and general).  Can any of you make suggestions about some good ways
to ask about medications without going through the list of drugs and
confusing most of the mothers.  Also, how would you catagorize demerol?

As always, I look forward to your responses.

Denise Parker, BA, IBCLC