From:
Carole Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:03:04 EST
 I watched GMA to hear the interview of the mother asked to leave the
Burlington FLight. I never saw that. Did anyone else? However, at the end of the
program they showed a picture of Elizabeth Vargas (she did the interview on women
who felt they were pressured to nurse) nursing at a desk. SHe clarified that
this picture, that has been circulating on the internet, is of her head
attached to someone else's body and baby. They asked how she felt about the picture.
Elizabeth Vargas said "I just wished they would have asked me. I would have
posed for this picture" Then she added, "by the way my baby is twice the size of
the baby in the picture, as the result of breastfeeding. Yes, Breastfeeding!"
So yes, to Elizabeth, for promoting breastfeeding at least once today on
national programming. One point for the good guys
CArole Peterson MS, IBCLC