From:
Kirsten Blacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:08:29 +0800
We call 'formula' BMS or Breastmilk Substitute in the hospital where I work
(emphasis on the poorness of the substitute I would think)

But it does bring to mind a story from my  childhood (indulge me!)
Back when it was still allowed to advertise formula in Australia, my mother
(longstanding NMAA counsellor)  cut out an advertisement from a magazine
that originally had two pictures, on of a baby  breastfeeding and one
bottlefeeding. The script ran "There's Breastmilk....and then there's ***"
she had someone make up a substitute  printout to paste over the top that
said
"There's Breastmilk.......and then there's Udder Milk"
It had pride of place on the wall in our house for many years

Kirsten Blacker
RN RM
Reminiscing in Australia