From:
Therese Maltby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 13:51:39 EDT
Hi, wiser-than-me-ones...

Do moms need to wash their pump bottles and flanges in soapy water every time
they use them? Or, is washing them in soapy water once or twice a day, then
just rinsing them well in plain water and leaving to air dry adequate for the
other times they're used?

I see a LOT of moms just rinsing the bottles and flanges between uses while
they're in the hospital. (That's what a lot of our working nursing moms seem
to do, too.) Our hand soap tends to stick to things and is hard to rinse off.
Any opinions?

We thoroughly wipe down all exposed parts of our breast pumps with Virex
between patients, not between uses by the same patient. But, ya know, I don't
even know HOW to open our (Medela Classic) pumps to check for (ewww) "milk
dandruff"!

And as for job titles, MY work nicknames are:

Boobalicious
Breast-a-matic
Boobwoman
Boobworker

and some call my LC partner and I "the tittie committee"! (Really, we're both
rather small-chested...LOL!)

Tammy in Colorado