From:
Mary Renard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 08:24:25 -0400
>From:    "Cindy Curtis, RN, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: recertification question
>
>A question for you all....... I know I have this info somewhere, but from
>year 5 to year 10 when you have to retake the exam, do you still need the
>CERPS? or just pass the exam?
>Thanks
>Cindy
>
>Cindy Curtis,RN,IBCLC
>mailto:[log in to unmask]
>http://www.erols.com/cindyrn

Good question.  You do NOT need to show that you've been earning CERPs when
you recertify by exam. (whether you recertify by exam at the 5-year or the
10-year point).

You may be thinking about things you've read regarding the research
pathway.  The people who recertified at ten years via the research pathway
were asked to show 75 CERPs, 1000 practice hours, and 2 letters of
recommendation - the numbers are different but the requirements are more
like what initial candidates must do to qualify.

Mary Riley Renard, RN, BSN, IBCLC
former IBLCE employee, speaking solely for myself
Vienna Virginia  USA