From:
Rachel e-mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:40:12 +0200
Are there any documented cases of SIDS in awake babies?  We offer parents support groups when their babies don't sleep through the night at 3 months, instead of recognizing such infants as eminently suited for survival.  How has this outrageous situation been allowed to continue all these years?  Where were the pediatricians?  (Probably asleep themselves!)
Lactnuts, unite!  Let us at once direct all our efforts toward enactment of a world wide total ban on infant sleeping!  The answer is so obvious that we simply haven't seen the forest for the trees.  Keep babies awake continuously until they are past the risk age for SIDS-- brilliant!
See you all at the first rally-- (we could hold it at the next pediatricians' convention)
Rachel Myr