Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 07:52:24 -0500
At 04:32 PM 4/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Help!  Mother has gone from a 34DD to a ??H+, one breast letting down fine,
>other breast 1 teaspoon at a time. She is now on day 10, has mastitis. I am
>at a loss for other suggestions coming from my brain to help relieve the
>back-up--
>
>PLEASE could you post your bestest favoritest last resort trick to help let
>down and relieve engorgement--even if you think I should have thought of
>it, maybe I didn't and I am most definitely listening to all suggestions!

My "bestest favoritest" is Back Rescue Remedy or Healing Herbs Five Flower
Formula--4 drops under the tongue before pumping or feeding.  It works
great! It can be found at most health food stores.

Also I recommend cabbage leaves and ibuprophen for swelling.  She could
also soak her breasts in epsom salts in warm water.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee
mailto:[log in to unmask]