From:
Winifred Mading <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 07:34:19 -0600
I am posting this for a fellow LC who does not have e-mail, so the information may not be complete.  Please direct responses directly to my e-mail address i(n addition to posting to the list if you feel others will be interested).

Mom has had a lumpectomy in the past on the side in question.  She has been able to exclusively breastfeed but has had several plugged ducts in that breast.  Now she reports red spots on her nipple which appear to be on the nipplle pores-much like blebs except red instead of white.  She denies any pain, other redness or fever.  Her husband (a dentist) pricked one of the spots and it produced blood.  He described it as "clean blood", in other words, no apparant pus or other substance in it.  Mom described the spots as
scablike", reappearing if removed and turning red again.
Any thoughts?  Can intraductal papilloma be present without any signs of a lump?  I am not directly familiar with the IP-only what I have read.  However, it is one thing that came to my mind.  Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Winnie