From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:41:20 +0200
The rules about not carrying babies are in place lots of places, and
pre-date current concerns about security.

When I arrived at the hospital to be admitted to labor ward in 1981, not in
labor but with a diagnosis mandating admission, I walked from my car to the
entrance.  I was then forced (with a smile) into a wheelchair as once I was
admitted the hospital couldn't trust me to bear my own weight without
collapsing and then suing them.

I'm sure there are others with similar experiences.  Woman on way to labor
ward must be conveyed thither by someone else.

My husband was permitted to push the wheelchair despite not even being a
hospital employee or health professional.  Never could figure that one out!

Rachel Myr
Norway