From:
Paula Caputo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:18:12 -0500
I just have one thought to add as a mom who has had the luxury
of having onsite daycare and nursing during my lunch.  The only
problem I see with not having a separate area for nursing is the
distractability of the baby.  My son is a very "nosy" type baby and
very easily distracted.  We had the most success nursing in the
"parent lounge" usually with the lights turned off.  It was
impossible in his class room because he was too interested in
what everyone else was doing.

Then there are the challenges of the daycare staff themselves. I
found my sons caregivers to very much have an "abm mindset"
But that's a whole other issue.
Just My 2c worth.

Paula Caputo, RN, CBE