From:
Josefine Wendel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 22:40:50 -0400
We are currently in the process of developing a nutrition
guidelines/best practices document for homeless family shelters and
transitional housing facilities. We would appreciate hearing from any of
you who is aware of information that may be helpful to us, such as:
1. written policies/recommendations to promote or facilitate
breastfeeding in homeless family shelters
2. information about homeless family shelters that are able to create an
environment that positively impacts breastfeeding, for example by
providing extra support for the mother, for example extra food and
fluids, allowing privacy for breastfeeding, allowing her to remain in
her room during the day (some shelters require families to leave the
facilities during daytime hours), providing access to lactation
counseling if needed.

Thanks in advance for your response!

Josefine Wendel, MS, RD
The Children's Health Fund