From:
julie weller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:43:37 -0400
Hi Shirley, I am Julie previously from the Gold Coast Australia now
relocated to Florida and I too, am grateful Katrina passed right over us but

was only at category 1 when it hit Fort Lauderdale. I can empathise
completely with you at moving and being confronted by such an event.
My family here and I felt we were prepared and now realise the difficulty of

preparing for such total devastation and are appalled by the newsreports and

the catastrophic devastation felt by the people on the gulf coast. We feel
at a loss and helpless.
There are mothers there who could use information about breastfeeding,
unfortunately the reports concentrate on babies needs as diapers and
formula, all we can hope is that somehow the writers and newsreaders can be
re-educated about babies real needs.

Now I am wondering if I can make a difference locally

Julie Weller
ABA Counsellor - Overseas in Fort Lauderdale