Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 18:28:55 EST
Kathy A. wrote:

<< For those of you attending the March of Dimes program in Chicago, it has
 for years been HEAVILY subsidized by one or more formula companies.
 However, under my name and Dr. McKenna's name (this year) is a statement
 making clear that we are NOT being sponsored by Mead-Johnson (or whatever
 the formula company is that does this sort of thing year after year).  This
 sensitivity was the result of years of hard behind-the-scenes slogging of
 Angela Jacobi, an LC, and a couple of other people on their planning
 committee.  It is now pretty much routine. >>

I spoke there two years ago, and it was noted on the program AND on the sign
outside the room where I was speaking, as it was for the other speaker(s) on
breastfeeding.  I was impressed by the amount of trouble they went to to make
sure the entire galaxy of attenders KNEW that our honorarium/expenses were NOT
being paid by, in this case, Mead Johnson.

Jan Barger -- in still snowy Wheaton