From:
doulamary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:11:02 -0500
Wise Ones,

I appreciate all who have responded to my inquiry, of course vaginal dryness
is certainly something that I hear moms complain about, I did not know this
term (atrophic vaginosis) was associated with this common problem nursing
moms have. I really enjoyed the different perspectives especially what
Heleen Hayes wrote about what mother nature intended, makes sense to me.
Moms in my support group rarely want to attempt intercourse at 6 weeks, in
fact..most don't have much desire until 6-9 months.

Unfortunately, this is not about sex, this mom is complaining about pain all
the time. She is a bit overwhelmed because she has some chronic pain issues
already and is very uncomfortable. She did not deliver vaginally but pushed
for 6 hours. Additionally, she had an IV antibiotic during her caesarean
birth, was readmitted into the hospital for an infection of her incision and
was then given more IV antibiotics, following a weeks worth of oral. I am
thinking yeast could be a culprit here and she is taking Diflucan every
other day but might need to take it everyday in addition of doing other
anti-yeast measures. My question, other than the dryness, have any of you
ever seen this problem with nursing moms? Thanks again!

Best Regards,
Mary Anderson