From:
Jenni James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 16:59:30 +1100
Hi everyone
I am once again calling on the collective wisdom. Does any one have or can
anyone recommend an information sheet on food allergy and the breastfed
baby? I am seeing a mum with a 71/2 mth old baby who is about to go dairy
free for 2 weeks. The baby has been on solids since 6 mths eating veges,
fruit and breads - no dairy. The baby won't take any formula at all and not
ebm by cup, mug or bottle. This mum is going back to work in May and is
keen to sort out what is happening with her baby. Also any natural remedies
for the babies eczema particularly in terms of relief while we are trying
to sort out this mums diet. the babies eczema is widespread and mum has
tried many products to no avail. The baby is going back to basic solids -
pears, rice cereal and potatoes and mum will start a diary from tommorow.
Her doctor & M&CHN says that "babe will grow out of it". I find this type
of answer totally unacceptable from health professionals - but I promise
not to rant and rave at this time!
your knowledge and experience will be welcomed
warm regards from sunny Melbourne
Jenni
"Knowledge comes, (and goes!!!! )  but wisdom lingers" Tennyson