From:
Anne Andrianos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:19:52 -0500
Dear Colleagues: Hope you all have had a chance to read the new edition of
IBCLICK…and celebrate so much good news! especially the information about
all the new members of our profession. And I hope you read about MILCC
(Monetary Investment for Lactation Consultant Certification) in the issue.

This year, MILCC begins sponsorship of the “second generation” of  IBCLC’s
worldwide. For the past twenty years MILCC has assisted over 350 candidates
to take the certifying exam and seeks to aid many more in the next twenty
years…with your help.

An example of MILCC's impact can be seen in Egypt, where, four years ago,
there were no IBCLCs. Through the very hard work of Egyptian health care
professionals to prepare candidates and with MILCC scholarships, there are
now 125 IBCLCs in the country. MILCC is committed to continue these efforts
all over the globe.

Your financial support is critical to assist candidates hoping to take the
2008 certifying exam. We anticipate a record number of applicants this year
and would like to sponsor all qualified candidates, but can do so only with
adequate funds.

Please go to the MILCC website,  www.milcc.org to learn more about this all
volunteer, not-for-profit organization…and help others attain the IBCLC
credential through a generous donation. Anne Andrianos, Chairperson, MILCC BOD