From:
Dora Gutierrez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:07:40 -0400
I am searching literature and clinical experiences on rapid cessation of
breastfeeding. Very often we see mothers who have to stop breastfeeding
suddenly due to illness or other major reasons in the early months of
lactation. There are cases when the mother dies and the breastfed baby has
to receive nutritious food.
I would appreciate if you could share your clinical experiences on the
management of the psychological aspect of the mother (mother-baby dyad) or
medical treatment if it was necessary and feeding the baby properly. Is the
management different before the lactation is stablished? is it different
when it is done in the early months (2,3, 4 months) than later? is it
different according to the reason like work, illness of the mother or the
child?
You can send your stories to my private e-mail: [log in to unmask]
or share with our collegues in Lacnet
Many thanks,
Dora Gutierrez MD