From:
Victor Velez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 00:32:40 -0400
Hello Lactnetters,

I am trying to  gather information to facilitate changing California's
Medi-caid reimbursement to include Lactation Consultants as professionals
that can deliver services through California Perinatal Services Program
(CPCP). Currently reimbursed services can be delivered by RN's RN's but not
by IBCLC's. The policy  analyst at the State headquarters said that they
are reviewing the possibility of adding IBCLC's  but it would be very
helpful if other states have already set a precedent. In what states do
IBCLC's get reimbursed by medicaid for services under nutrition
counselling?

Also I'm looking for other IBCLC's in California interested in sending
letters to the appropriate people to bring about this change.

Please E-mail me privately, with your responses.

Jeannette Newman-Velez, RD, MPH, IBCLC
YWCA WIC PROGRAM OF SACRAMENTO
BF Promotion Coordinator
E-mail [log in to unmask]