From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 01:00:51 -0800
Any Docs or Surgical RNs, other with wound healing expertise:  I'm asking a
quick personal question with the hopes that the listmoms will take pity on
me.  Is there anything that would negate the positive benefit of using
moist wound healing on surgical wounds such as my 22" abdomenal incision?
The surgeon had a cow when he heard I was using Lansinoh on it and said "It
will never heal if it doesn't fully dry out!"   Now I'm thinking--"I let
this guy cut me open?"  Seriously, am I violating some major surgical
principle?  Please email me privately.  TIA!
Chris

 Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC   email: [log in to unmask]
                HSR & Health Educational Consultant