From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:28:39 -0400
I have a client whose one-year old nurses about 5 times a day.  The mom has
an itchy, full-body rash presumably from a reaction to one of the "cillins".
 Benadryl didn't help.  She's been given prednisone and Atarax and told not
to nurse - the prednisone is okay, the pharmacist (and subsequently the
pediatrician) said she couldn't nurse with the Atarax.

Based on what I gave her from Hale, the PDR, and the age/nursing pattern of
her child, she plans to take the Atarax tonight at least, but is *itching*
to have a little more information since she hates to go against her
pediatrician's advice.  One of my sons was given Atarax at age 3, and I've
suggested she ask her pediatrician about his/her youngest Atarax consumer.

More information is greatly appreciated!  Please e-mail me privately as
well, since I'm no-mail right now.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC  Ithaca, NY