Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 21:37:14 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Hi Everyone and Pat Young too,

Yes, I'm wearing a different BF t-shirt each day in August in honor of World Breastfeeding Month again this year. I know WBW is only a week but the weather here (hot and humid) in August calls for t-shirts anyway. This could be come a tradition!

August 1: Attended a BF conference, wore BF jewelry from Russell Wray; later in day wore "Feel the Love - Breastfeed" on a deep purple background. From a LC group in Florida.
Aug. 2 - Did the LLL World Walk in a local park wearing "Breastfeeding is Environmentally Friendly" from INFACT Canada in green.
Aug 3 - Worked the Greater Miami Valley Breastfeeding Coalition booth at a local mall for 2 hours wearing "Breastfeeding: Cherish the Connection" in green. From a Florida LC - can't remember the source.
Aug 4 - Dia Michel's shirt "Bottlefeeding is a Spectator Sport" in peach drew funny looks from the truck drivers at the freight terminal when I shipped my boxes of exhibit stuff to ILCA today. 

Stay tuned. At ILCA I may wear BF jewelry instead of t-shirts at least part of the time. (except for the day I plan to wear the Ithaca Coalition's "Everybody's Doing It" shirt.)  Please drop by my booth and say HI! 

I am also compiling a list of where to get BF shirts and jewelry since so many people have asked me where I got my shirts ... send ideas and sources privately. I'll post the sources here (if it's not considered advertising... please advise, K&K) and/or on my web site, hopefully later this month. 

Linda Smith, Dayton OH
Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre
http://www.bflrc.com/bflrc.htm

ATOM RSS1 RSS2