From:
Beverley Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 09:38:34 +1100
Dear Lactnetters

I feel strange using the word preemies for premature babies.  But as i need
help I thought I should use your language.

Some time ago someone on Lactnet offered to help me any time.  I am running
a second workshop this months on b/f the vulnerable newborn and would like
some exemplars (case studies) with practical examples of how you helped
women breastfeed very tiny babies.

I have a good background in gizmos but would like the actual baby to breast
from 1200 grams up.  Regardless of the suck/swallow co-ordination and
gestational age criteria!

I spent l2 months in Special Care nurseries which included 3 months
intensive care in l983

Thank you

Beverley Walker Melbourne Australia