From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2009 00:24:13 +0000
I guess its both where you're starting from, and how successful
approaches have been in the past.

The Sexual Discrimination angle has not been successful here, although
it's not as bad as the terrible situation Jake describes, in the USA,
where being pregnant isn't seen as anything to do with Sex Discrimination.

Equally, positioning it as the right of the child to milk, has had
progress, when Sex Disc hasn't.  Milk only being about food, isn't such
an issue, if nothing else works anyway.  Starting _somewhere_ it's
what's useful.  :-)  But I do feel speaking on behalf of the child, is
vital, in the longer term.

At the end of the day, it's what works.  I just find it curious it works
so well under maternity provision in Australia, when you don't have paid
maternity leave!

Morgan Gallagher