Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:55:48 EDT
Patricia says,

<<my understanding... and i am happy to be corrected... all=
of  the company are past medela employees.... their main product is a
breas=
tpump that appears to be a combination of pumps of other  companies.....
the=
y have a "hospital" grade rental pump and a "personal"  pump that is
designe=
d for muti user.>>

The "green pump" has been FDA  approved for multiple users.  The idea being
that if you purchase their  "personal pump" you can hand it off to your
sister/cousin/aunt/girlfriend/boyfriend and they can use it too -- purchasing
a  new kit for each person.

I did not see any  latex/silicone teats at the "open house" I attended
(Patricia was there too --  we had old home week with all us old -- ummmm --
seasoned --  IBCLCs  attending).  "Bottles" were firmly attached to pumps as
collection devices  and were not in evidence as "alternatives to
breastfeeding" devices.

I'm not sure ALL the employees  are former Medela employees, but the ones
that were at our open house  were.  And many of those that I saw at the ILCA
conference last summer  were.

Hygeia has a commitment to  being WHO Code compliant, and Richard Weston's
business card states that he is  the "WHO Code Compliance Officer."

Pat, I'm not sure where you  got the impression that Hygeia was mainly a
feeding-bottle  manufacturer.

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC,  FILCA
Wheaton  IL
**************Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web.