From:
Ann Calandro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:35:50 -0500
Last year I wrote this and  put it on Lactnet. I have had requests for it
again, so here it is for those of you who missed it last year.

                                       A Holiday Poem for YOU

Twas two weeks before Christmas and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring 'cept the 'lectronic mouse.

The Christmas tree sat all forlorn and bare
While mom's reading Lactnet, tucked on her chair.

The stockings weren't hung by the chimney -in fact
They were still in the attic, carefully packed.

The wreath wasn't bought and the cards were not written
No cookies were baked and mom was still sittin'.

The children were  plotting to set mom NOMAIL
And hinting for gifts, currently on sale.

When a wonderful thought appeared with a FLASH
I'll sit reading Lactnet and just give them CASH!

No shopping, no malls, no visits to Santa
Just warm cozy emails  from home to Atlanta.

And Texas,Vermont and Kalamazoo
Kentucky, New Orleans and Canada too.

So laying her finger aside the send
Mom sent holiday greetings to every friend.

Who celebrates Christmas-- and those who do not
For sharing so much- she thanks them a lot!

May the peace of the season be with you all, and the vision we share  so
well be continued in 1999!   Thank you Kathleen A and Kathleen B!

Happy Holidays!
Ann Calandro
North Carolina