From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 00:37:39 -0400
I just got in to ONE of  our local hospital - after 15 months! - and was
able to give a 2-hour presentation.    It was great to be able to meet the
nurses who will be making a difference - supporting breastfeeding.  They
have a long row to hoe, and I hope to continue to be a resource to them.
Some of the staff will be attending a 5-day training soon, so I think they
will be able to keep each other going, I of course am willing to be a
resource (I work for the County Maternal and Child Health Department).

One of the people participating in the talk I gave was a speech therapist
who works with the NICU babies.  She asked me if there is any data on
breastfeeding rates in NICU units - she wanted to know how they compare and
where they should aim for!  I explained the rates we usually have are the
ones from Ross (ugh), but that if there was any way to get the information
she wanted - Lactnet would be the place to find out!

So I'm asking if any of the hospitals with NICU units keep this data and
are willing to share/discuss them?

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, IBCLC
Vacaville, CA  95687