From:
Carolyn Schindewolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:40:52 -0500
Hi Julie.  Good luck in your class! I find props and visuals to be helpful.
When talking about the benefits, I bring a symbol from the bag and have them
guess (ex. tylenol stands for less illness; a quarter stands for the $
saved, a breast cancer shower card illustrates the protection that
breastfeeding gives, etc.  I also give all moms a doll for positionings;
they then hand to dad for burping.  A sense of humor goes a long way as
well.  Encourage questions so they make the class their own.   Carolyn
Schindewolf