From:
Karen Lemieux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 1995 07:18:51 -0700
Help! I have a client, baby is 10 weeks old, was pre-term and sent home
from NICU using nipple shields. Recently baby refused shields and went
to breast. Since then mom has had very painful nipples (24 hours/day)
with bleeding noted from the ducts. No external damage seen. Nipples
are white after feedings and take time to resume normal color. Baby
appears to be latched on properly. Also same mom has been supplementing
for "not enough milk". I do seem to inherit the oddest cases. What can
I do for this one? Karen (help me)Lemieux