From:
Paul & Kathy Koch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 09:37:35 -0400
I have a question regarding partial thawing of milk.  A mom called me this morning after
a call from her daycare provider.  During a very bad storm yesterday, the daycare
provider's freezer lost power with 70 ounces of this mom's milk in it.  She said about
25% thawed to liquid (not slushy) and 75% was solid ice.  I know thawed milk should not
be refrozen and should be used within the day, but what about partially frozen?  She has
returned it to the freezer in the meantime.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kathy Koch
LLL Leader