From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:06:34 PST
Jean
Your responses re clear, lowfat milk, and lactoengineering are well taken. I
had a call re a baby w/ diarrhea and the pedi had recommended pedialyte
alternating w/ bf for a day or so. (Pedialyte is an oral rehydrating
electrolyte solution). By the time the mom had called me the diarrhea was
resolving. Upon questioning the mom further and delving into her bf
practices, milk supply, etc (the baby had a pattern of big wt gains) I gave
her this same lactoengineering advice (relative to "oversupply" or
foremilk/hindmilk issues). I really think this was the problem and not any
illness in the baby.

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
Violet Louisiana, s.e. USA