From:
Roberta Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 17:12:07 -0600
Hola, Kathy!

Thanks so much for your warm welcome, for between you and others I feel
like I have acquired another family!

ILCA is going to be one huge family reunion, especially for all of us on
this "Milky Way" since we already know each other in such a special way.
I've been thinking a lot, how just reading each other's thoughts and ideas
and reflections....allows us to meet the 'real'person, and because we
haven't been distracted by physical concerns (appearance, race, age,
clothes, bodies, accents, language differences, and all the rest) we are
actually touching each other  deeply - as opposed to superficially....(Hi,
nice to meet, you where're you from, blah,blah,blah)

One of my favorite quotes of Baha'u'llah, the founder of the Baha'i Faith is:

       "The earth is one country, and mankind its citizens."

This wonderful LACTNET is sure a great way to erase those borders that seem
to push us apart. And breastfeeding, being such a universal act, transcends
all differences between people.

I always like to joke to the Mayan ladies here in Yucatan....saying that ,
gee, would they please nurse my baby so that she will be able to speak
maya?
(You should see how they laugh at this silly comment!)

Wouldn't that be a great way to learn languages - via nursing from women of
different nationalies? Too bad languages aren't among the many positive
things transmitted via mother's milk.

See you in Scottsdale!

love, Roberta