From:
Judy Canahuati <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 21:33:26 -0400
Well friends:  Please disregard the last message and don't send your
letters.  I jumped the gun on that one. I just received this message back
from Houghton Mifflin.

"Thank you for your mail. Unfortunately, the Share the Spirit Campaign
officially ended in December of 1996.
The good news is that readers like you helped us reach--and surpass--our
goal: we sent out 2,000 books to
children's hospitals during the campaign! And, due to the terrific support
and enthusiasm of our Internet
audience, we sent out 500 more. (Read all about the campaign at
http://www.polarexpress.com.)

Please tell your friends and colleagues that the campaign is over, and
we're no longer accepting E-mail
queries at this address.

Thank you,
Houghton Mifflin