From:
Deb Wirtel LLLL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 1996 21:57:55 -0500
Hi, I chose this thread to make my first contribution and to introduce
myself.

I am Deb Wirtel and I am a LLL Leader  in St. Louis, Missouri.  I have one
daughter, Katherine, who is 5.

I didn't really choose to breastfeed, my husband did.  He asked me if I would
and I said, well, ok.  He was the one who took me to the store to buy
breastfeeding books.  And when Katherine was up all night nursing when she
was 2 weeks old and I was ready to wean, he offered to change his work hours
and do whatever it took to help me continue breastfeeding.

Thank goodness he was so insistant - my daughter and I LOVED every minute of
our nursing relationship.  I think the experience of it lingers today even
though she doesn't nurse any more.

I'm enjoying Lactnet so far.

Deb Wirtel
St. Louis, Mo.