From:
Kris Everette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:22:48 EDT
I know when I worked at a hospital in Florida, we had pumps that did not make
it back to the rental station. Especially pumps "loaned" out for free to
those who couldn't afford them and needed them for a premie. People put them
in closets when they are through with them and "forget" them. I'm sure VERY
few individuals purchase these rental pumps. It's a good idea for nurses who
make home visits to ask a mom where she got a pump if they see one in the
home. I recently came across a pump that was considered gone forever-it was
found in a cabinet in a health dept 2 counties away from where it was loaned
from. Medela, and I'm sure other companies who rent pumps, can tell by the
serial number, where the pump belongs ( a hospital, WIC, etc.).
Kris Everette