From:
Price Pamela B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 14:22:25 -0500
And I also want to add:  I really do think there must be more to the story
than was stated in the article, for the punishment to fit the crime.  Maybe
her true intent was not a healthy one. Hopefully she was just a misguided
individual who used poor judgment or lacked good judgment.  On the other...
there are a lot of very sick people out there who misuse otherwise normal
and healthy situations in ways that we cannot imagine.  I agree that this is
more a situation of a malpractice by a nurse rather than a breastfeeding
issue.  And I sincerely hope that this case is not used in breastfeeding
cases that end up in court.  That is the real danger here, that somehow,
this ruling be used in court against a breastfeeding mom.

Pam Price IBCLC, RLC, LPN
Charleston, SC USA