From:
Karen Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:44:55 +1300
Hi Julie,

If time permits, what about asking them all to bring a doll or stuffed
toy (around baby size) to the session and if you do so yourself (perhaps
walking in with doll/or baby if you currently have one) in a front
pack/sling.  Get the girls to tell you what babies do/like/need and see
how they interact with their "babies".  I am sure the conversations will
just flow from there........

Have some pictures of other mammals feeding their young.  You could
always borrow some cats and kittens from the pet shop!  Or better still,
ask 3 mums to come with their babies, while you talk to the girls.

You won't need to do much talking..............  they will do it all
for you!!

Karen
New Zealand

>>> [log in to unmask] 14/12/2007 14:15 >>>

I have been asked to go into my daughter's 5th grade all-girls class on

career day to talk about what I do.  I am primarily a birth doula and
childbirth educator, but am a recently certified IBCLC with almost 6
years
as a LLLL and want to incorporate the breastfeeding into my
presentation.
Any ideas for how to do this in an engaging way with 5th grade girls,
that
also will not be upsetting for those girls who know they or their
siblings
were not breastfed? I wish I were more creative...

Thanks,
Julie

set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet
welcome

This electronic message, together with any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient:
1.	do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way.
2.	please let me know by return email immediately and then destroy the message.

Waikato DHB is not responsible for any changes made to this message and/or any attachments after sending by Waikato DHB. Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and effects. Waikato DHB takes no responsibility for affected attachments.

The Waikato DHB website is www.waikatodhb.govt.nz