Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:41:45 EST
I wasn't going to suggest diet, rest, water for increasing milk supply because
I thought it was so obvious that I might appear silly.  I feel these elements
of the mother's lifestyle are at least as important as pumping.  In fact more
so in the case  of the moms I talk with because these moms (including myself)
rarely, if ever pump.  If the baby seems to need more milk, one just nurses
more. (Most are stay at home moms).  Maybe in a hospital setting where there
is lots of baby-mom separation due to illness or when a mom is working out of
the  home, pumping may be the first suggestion for increased milk supply but
with moms that are with their babies most of the time, pumping is generally
unnecessary and diet, rest and water intake are the first suggestions.

Maybe I'm crazy--Please let me know. I really think that "nursing" a baby has
very little to do with a machine and that bottle feeding even of human milk
should be kept to an absolute minimum.  I realize it can't be avoided in all
cases.

Louanne McGhee
Reno NV