From:
"Phipps, Brenda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:19:27 -0700
I write this post because at my WIC office, the CLCs have reported what
seems to be a rash of breastfeeding women with lower milk supplies due to
introduction of contraceptives.
I understand that any contraceptive, even the mini-pill, is not wise to
begin until about 8 weeks postpartum (does that seem correct to everyone out
there?)  And yes, some of these moms are being injected with Depo right in
the hospital, which kills their supply for sure.  But what about the mom who
is given depo at 3 - 4 months postapartum and then complains about her
supply being much lower?  One LC friend of mine claims that this is
impossible.  But...we seem to be seeing this happen in our clients. What is
everyone's experience?

Thanks for your input,
Brenda